~~~ This giveaway is now closed 😦 ~~~
A while ago I noticed I was on 95 wordpress followers, and promised a celebratory giveaway when I reached 100. Well that was last week and I honestly didn’t think I would get so many new readers in such a short space of time, so I wasn’t prepared with a prize.
Well, to say a big “Thank You!!” for all your support and lovely comments, I now have collated a bundle of goodies to share with one of my lucky followers!
One winner will get a parcel containing:
- 1m of Liberty lawn. It is cream with colourful hand-drawn flowers and fun doodles. It is gorgeous but I don’t think I will be able to wear it to do it justice (see my last post about me not loving cream clothing) so would love it to be put to proper use (not hidden in my pockets)
- A book of sticky notes decorated with doodles of vintage sewing machines (7 designs in 3 sizes)
- A Dressmaking Notes sketchbook (because September = back-to-school new stationery)
- Two lengths of ribbon (each approx 1.5 to 2m long) decorated with buttons and bunting
- Dressmaker’s wax for smoother hand-sewing (as discussed by #sewcialists on twitter recently)
- A bar of yummy chocolate
Wow! That sounds like a lot when typed up. And I will send this to anyone in the world (chosen at random) in exchange for giving me some feedback on my blog.
I am almost approaching 200 blog posts and have over 150 followers (on WordPress and Bloglovin’ combined) which is rather overwhelming. I started this blog to document my creations and as a way to get discuss crafting without boring my real-life non-crafty friends. I never imagined so many people would read my random thoughts, so I just blogged about whatever popped into my head, with no idea whether people would enjoy reading it.
All you have to do to enter the giveaway is leave a comment telling me what you like or love about my blog and what I can do to improve my little crafty blog. Is there anything you want me to try and blog more about? In the spirit of going back to school, you can give your feedback in the form of “2 Stars and A Wish” – tell me 2 things you like (specific makes/posts or general things) and one wish for something you’d like to see in future.
The giveaway will close on Tuesday 3rd September at 21:00 GMT when I will select a winner at random. Please make sure I can contact you easily if you win; If I can’t get in touch with the winner within a week, I will pick another winner. Good luck!
~~~ This giveaway is now closed 😦 ~~~
2 things you like (specific makes/posts or general things):
1) I would like to see a finished Hummingbird skirt – I love the pattern and I think you will too
2) More sewing plans! I love when people post seasonal wardrobe ideas. Keep doing it for every season!
one wish for something you’d like to see in future:
I would like to see more information on how you made your croquis and how you draw your clothes inspiration. I really want to do this and I am daunted.
Hummingbird skirt needs a few tweaks before a photoshoot…
Star 1: I really like your header and background. They tell a lot about what a person might find on your blog.
Star 2: Your writing style is pleasant and friendly.
A wish: To see more pictures of you, where you live, things you make in situation. They way we’d get a great sense of place.
That’s a lovely little package you have to giveaway 🙂
My two cents:
Star 1 – I really like the style of your photos – interesting borders, bunnies etc, especially those of your clothes on your ‘My crafty creations’ page. It shows an extra level of attention to detail.
Star 2 – I love your autumn sewing plans post – I keep meaning to put together a sewing to do list, but using the croquis makes it extra special
A wish – maybe add a list of previous posts to your sidebar – I really like looking through people’s blogs archives when I start following their blog, and this makes it much easier 🙂
1st Star: your recipes! I loved your crispy-off a while ago
2nd Star: your honesty and openness. Your blog has a lovely voice
A Wish: put your face in your photos more!
Congrats on reaching 100 followers! I love how you asked for feedback to be entered. What a great idea!
1- I really enjoyed your Victoria Blazer post and how you gazed out to sea a la Sew Busy Lizzie!
2- I like the layout of your blog and the header- it tells me that you not only sew but bake goodies and craft! You have shared some great recipes I may add!
Wish- Like Nessa I would like to see more pics… I LOVE to look at the things people make and the places they are wearing them… ~Laurie
Congratulations on 100 followers! A very big deal! 🙂 What a terrific giveaway, I’m all in. And, look at you, you marketing guru you, asking for feedback, great idea! Ok, 1) I really like your fabric choices. A mix of fun and classic and not too ‘precious’. 2) I love how your pics seem to be branching out and contain more artistic slant rather than just a photo of the garment. What I’d like to see? Perhaps some tutorial or step-by-step posts of how you sewed the garment. I mostly love beautiful finished garment pics, but sometimes I really appreciate when somebody photographs and blogs the steps they took to get to the end. Good luck with it, hope you get terrific feedback. And fingers crossed for me!
Congrats on so many followers! I am a new one! I love love love your fabric choices and pattern styles. I love the illustrations for each creation or potential creation that show possible variations in the patterns. I would love to see more tutorials, because you mention doing alterations to the patterns for size differences or for fit or using a different skirt or collar. I need to figure out how to do that myself. Keep up the great work. I’m so happy I found you! 😀
Congratulations on reaching 100 followers!
Things I love:
1) Like a couple of other people have mentioned, I love your fabric choices! They are always really pretty and fun!
2) I loved your fall sewing plan and croquis post! It’s always fun to see people’s plans.
One thing I would like:
More information on how you do your fitting adjustments! I am always looking for good tutorials on fitting 🙂
Star 1 – you have a lovely tone and friendly blog voice
Star 2 – you pick great fabric which always work so wellwith the patterns you choose
Wish – I want to knowhow you drafted aand use your slopers
Hello! I’m new to your blog. Congratulations on acquiring so many followers!
1. I admire how you incorporate pictures into your blog.
2. You select great fabrics!
3. I enjoyed reading your wish list. I enjoy reading about what capture’s someone’s interest and why. Oftentimes other sewists point out features in patterns or other items that I have overlooked.
Pingback: Thanks and A Parade of Pom-pom Sheep | Another Little Crafty Creation
I make my class do 2 Stars and a Wish all the time – now let’s see if I can do it! 🙂
* You and I have similar taste in colours and clothes, and similarish figures, which really helps me be inspired to think, “Oh hey, I love that – and it might look good on me too!”
* It seems like you are gaining confidence with your blogging and sewing, which is lovely to share!
❤ Sometimes your photos are narrow compared to the next. How about making them bigger so we can see more detail? If you are using Flickr, it's easy to pick a different size when you are grabbing the code.
Such a great idea – I"m a little nervous to ask for the same sort of input for my blog, but I'm really curious to see what people would say!
Your blog is very pretty and you share great insights. I would love a link to tutorials.
Have a great day!