It feels like years ago, but in January I set my self a project for the year – to crochet two squares a week so by New Year’s Eve I have a full sized blanket to snuggle under. Well, due to bad time management (and too much couture sewing) I got a bit behind schedule, but I am pleased to say I am back on track.
Looking at all the squares together I think I need to make some more back-and-forth squares since most of them are crocheted in the round (although it is much easier to get the correct size when going round in circles*). I also think I have enough regular granny sqaures for now.
After filling a bag with squares I thought it was probably time to start putting things together so I don’t go crazy in December. I started in the centre with some carefully chosen squares, and am now adding the rest in rounds semi-randomly. I am hoping that any future squares will look right, or if not then I can plan future crocheting accordingly.
I’ve just read my original post and it mentioned “using up yarn in my stash” – oops, that is one major FAIL already! Popping into a shop and buying just a couple of balls of yarn seems so much easier to justify than buying fabric on a whim. (see above picture and the bag of yarn that is bigger than when I started the project, although lots were sale bargains, honestly!)
Anyway, I am off to get some bias-binding to finish something I am super excited about 😀 Fingers crossed it will be finished to show you tonight… And fingers-crossed I wont get tempted by any yarn on my way!
*technical information – each square measures exactly “the size of my red and white polka dot box lid.” I had to throw a couple of squares into a hot washing machine to felt them down to size, but the texture is great.